Location: Aurora, IL
We are an investigative accounting firm, specialized in analyzing and handling fidelity (including employee dishonesty and employee theft), lack of faithful performance and crime claims for the insurance adjusting and insurance defense industry. We provide national and international investigation and forensic accounting services
We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate administrative duties. Your role is to ensure high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety and to create and maintain a pleasant work environment. The Office Manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office. There is significant stress associated with this position. The operations of our office are 24/7 at times. The Office Manager will also need to be available and oversee on weekends and be on call for emergencies.
- Qualified candidates must have experience managing at a company and individuals from diverse cultures and varying levels of experience.
- Candidates must have a proven track record of working for three years at a company.
- Candidates for this position must have experience with a variety of office software (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe) and be able to accurately and efficiently handle administrative duties.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager
- Additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary will be a plus
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Hands on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools in Outlook
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements and to accept and give constructive criticism
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, frequently required to reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to stand for periods of time, walk or kneel. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (approximate weight of a box of paper) on a number of occasions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verify on a daily basis that work tasks are promptly and properly assigned and flow in an orderly, timely and efficient manner
- Change focus from one task to another and return to the interrupted task without miscommunication and/or workflow interruption when necessary
- Maintain facility upkeep and continued improvement in appearance and operation at 1444 N. Farnsworth and storage locations
- Organize and ensure supply of the facilities and operations
- Installation, maintenance, upkeep, and replacement of all equipment, software, hardware, telephones, computers, etc.
- Oversee IT services
- Oversee website upkeep
- Organize and maintain all records for all entities for accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel, education, and regulations
- Perform hiring, firing, training, and supervision of administrative staff, including performing evaluations
- Working with insurance brokers to obtain and update insurance
- Provide administrative support to accountants and administrative staff members
- Manage performance of accountants and administrative staff
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Provide general support to visitors
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, such as conference attendance
- Travel as required