Administrative Assistant- Financial Planning
Location: Newport News, VA
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 /Hour
Priority Staffing is seeking a strong administrative candidate for a financial services group in Newport News, VA. The ideal candidate is a professional team player who is detail-oriented, motivated, and adaptable. Must have the ability to work effectively while managing multiple priorities and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Set up accounts, draft letters of instruction, and prepare & process all paperwork needed for investment, advisory, and annuity accounts.
- Review investment and advisory paperwork, annuity applications, conversions and policy changes for completeness and accuracy and reach out to clients for any missing information or outstanding items. Follow up on outstanding transactions with appropriate custodian.
- Assist with Client annual review preparation and follow up; gather data and prepare summary reports for the Advisor to use in client reviews.
- Support Advisors/Senior Advisors in maintenance of existing client relationships by responding to client questions, tracking annual required minimum distributions and maintaining ongoing communication with clients.
- Perform administrative duties that support the daily business practices, including but not limited to telephone coverage, client file maintenance, utilizing internal CRM and other technology resources to support client activities, coordinate client meetings, and coordinate and facilitate communication between Investment Advisors, external investment managers, bank custodians, attorneys, and other relevant parties.
· 2+ years client service work experience
· Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and balance competing priorities
· Strong analytical and organizational abilities
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Able to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges
· Professional, focused, and disciplined approach to work responsibilities
· Experience in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.