Data Specialist (On-Call)
Location: Pasadena, CA
Hillsides is dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy.
In exchange for your skill and experience, Hillsides offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance with a $10 premium per paycheck for employee only coverage plan
- Dental insurance 100% employer paid for HMO employee only coverage plan
- Life and AD&D insurance 100% employer paid up to two times the annual salary
- Flexible Spending Account with $500 roll-over limit
- 401 k with no wait period, 5% employer match cap and no vesting schedule
- 12 paid holidays per year and generous paid time off policy accruing up to 22 days off annually
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Analyze, repair and develop SQL data models, and work with team members to design new tracking and reporting solutions
- Performs periodic data validation testing and compliance checks as requested for audit compliance, internal compliance, etc.
- Supports Director of Data Services with any needed data requests, development in designing, building, and updating reports on internal report server
- Provides service ticket support for any issues and/or requests associated to agency databases, reporting, and dashboards
- Maintain organization's confidentially, privacy, and security requirements
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization's standards
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as requested
- Any other assignments as requested by Hillsides management
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret manuals and office documents
- Provide continuous updates to the Director of Data Services related to Database projects, issues, and goals
- Effective oral and written communications skills sufficient to write comprehensive reports and policies, study and interpret contract documents.
- Maintains and extends strong and positive relationships with internal customers
Mental/Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to define problems, gather, transcribe and post data, analyze, synthesize and classify information, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently and with others - including other employees, clients and members of the public in face-to-face and telephonic contexts and make mature business decisions
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to anticipate needs and be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Maintain a high level of ethical and professional standards in accordance with Agency policy and legal requirements
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use computer keyboard up to 100% of the day
- Visual acuity, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision for work on a laptop or other computer equipment
- Lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide on-call support to Data Services team, as required
- Work with team members for any application development, network plans, trouble-shooting, implementations and changes on the database servers.
- Regularly work indoors in a variety of environments and locations
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in SQL, computer programming, data sciences, and/or mathematics
- Experience using or knowledge of SQL and/or structured database design
- Experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, mathematical theory, and/or predictive data modeling
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, or related spreadsheet applications, skill set
- Experience in project management, workflow analysis and/or requirements gathering
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE (TIC):
Hillsides practices Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles which recognizes the signs, symptoms, and widespread impact of trauma; Employees are asked to comprehensively integrate knowledge of Trauma Informed Care into policies, procedures, and practices with the goal to prevent re-traumatization which promotes healing of families, youth, individuals, and communities.
This position performs tasks that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. All Hillsides employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer