Administrative Specialist - Clearance
Location: Tucson, AZ
Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities – work closely with engineering leadership to prioritize business and information needs
- Proposal support activities
- Subject matter expert on ITAR compliance to include: managing program/product licensing priorities, initiating export licensing requests, and working with BD, International program leaders, and country managers to ensure licensing coverage for contractual and future business activities
- Review program charts for compliance prior to submitting to licensing. Assist Chief Engineers and program leadership with proper chart marking and export submissions
- Align export licensing requirements to meet the overall contract strategy, creating processes and executing plans, including drafting the required applications, in the proper format for submission to the Export Import Licensing office for approvals
- Create business cases and document ROI as required.
- Coordinate with program leadership to support customer visit requests and other preparation for international customer meetings
- Assist leaders in creation and maintenance of the IMS, and provide inputs on spend profile as necessary
- Assist product and program leaders with off-nominal shipping requests
- Related experience working on FMS, DCS and or other International business initiatives
- Experience working in a highly matrixed, fast paced, deadline driven organization with constantly changing priorities
- Knowledge of ITAR requirements/ITAR compliance in an FMS and International contracting environment
- Working knowledge of cost estimating processes and techniques, FAR/DFAR fundamentals.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage, respond efficiently and effectively to time-critical issues with competing / conflicting priorities
- Advanced skills using MS Office; Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Demonstrated success multi-tasking
- Existing Secret security clearance
- Four or more years direct related Experience
- Experience with SAP and PRISM
- Self-Starter with experience taking initiative as necessary
- Experience with managing DoD contract requirements