Temp to Hire Client Assistant (Denver, CO)
Location: Denver, CO
Name: Robert W. Baird & Co.
As a Client Assistant you will:
- Assist with a handful of different activities within the office. These could include everything from answering phones and greeting clients to cashiering. The role will be starting mid-to-late April and lasting approximately until the end of June. Additional responsibilities may also include the following:
- Responsible for client onboarding coordination, which includes managing Financial Advisor(s) prospect pipeline, assisting with proposal generation, preparing new account paperwork, opening accounts, transitioning new assets to Baird and establishing an ongoing communication/client service plan.
- Answers incoming Financial Advisors' phone calls when they are unavailable and handles as appropriate. Initiates action and advises Financial Advisor of action taken.
- May schedule client appointments and/or conference room for appointments.
- Initiates and completes all transactions required to fully service client accounts i.e. paperwork, correspondence, client request fulfillment and special projects as needed
- Ensures compliance with Baird's policies regarding correspondence, books and records requirements including trade policies, seminars, and marketing.
- May enter security orders including stocks, bonds, fixed income, options, annuities and other investment vehicle orders per Financial Advisors' instructions or upon client's verbal direction (only if licensed).
- May also provide back-up to other teams and the branch when necessary, as well as perform other duties and special projects as necessary.
- Maintain primarily electronic files and ability to retrieve the information quickly as needed.
What makes this opportunity great?
- Flexible work-life balance promoted.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be flexible and highly adaptable.
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree or industry experience comparable to Bachelor's degree.
- Previous industry experience is preferred but strong administrative/ receptionist experience is also a plus
- Preferred series 7/63 or 7/66 or 7/63/65 licensed but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn and effectively navigate Baird's Private Wealth Management technology platforms (Thomson ONE, Albridge, Envestnet, CRM, Money Guide Pro, LiquidOffice etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including e-mail); ability to adeptly exchange ideas and information.
- Good interpersonal skills -- ability to effectively and proactively work with both external and internal clients and relate with others in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives. Willing and able to research and provide an answer or feedback within 24 hours of initial.
- Strong organizational skills -- consistent ability to prioritize work flow of self and Financial Advisors in order to achieve specific goals in a timely manner.
- Proven reliability in attendance and performance. Strong work ethic, 90% of your day is spent actively working on FA/Client requests.
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy. Critical thinking and proactive problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills with ability to perform semi-advanced math.
Who we are:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than $157 billion in client assets and over 3,300 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 6 on FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, its thirteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird's culture, click here.