Assistant Director of Beverage/Cocktails - F&B Admin (ARIA)
Location: Las Vegas, NV
The Assistant Director of Beverage and Cocktails is responsible for providing strategic direction and daily oversight for the Cocktails and Lounge operations while creating a culture of excellence, and assisting in overseeing all operations and staffing in a fiscally responsible manner while ensuring superior quality and presentation consistent with departmental standards. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Support the Director of Beverage in the development and implementation of the strategic plan and vision for the Beverage department consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Oversee weekly schedules for line employees in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs, adjusting schedules throughout the week to meet business demands.
- Ensure proper beverage service procedures in accordance with Forbes 5 Star service standards.
- Hold management team accountable to all regulations and laws, including Health Department and Fire Marshall.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in outlets, the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list, designated glassware and garnishes for drinks, all bar menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Ensure compliance with all licensing requirements i.e. Alcohol Awareness, Food Handler, and Metro Non-Gaming.
- Follow current proper policies and procedures for Manager comps and voids.
- Utilize Spotfire to maximize sales and profits, manage labor and control costs.
- Maintain a level of professionalism and responds to all guest complaints appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Monitor and handle problems with intoxicated guests and/or altercations.
- Effectively communicates with management and staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and/or other employees.
- Assist in managing Profit & Loss statements; utilize Spot Fire to maximize sales and profit.
- Oversee the implementation of new products, brand training and all staff sales incentive programs.
- Ensure all lounges are in accordance with the 5 Star/5 Diamond Maintenance Program, to include carpet, walls, light bulbs, windows and overall general cleanliness and sanitation.
- Effectively communicate with management and staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and/or other employees.
- Provide leadership and direction in the execution and measurement of guest service standards within beverage operations to ensure continued growth and profitability.
- Develop new techniques of service towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs.
- Provide leadership and direction in the execution and measurement of guest service standards to ensure continued growth and profitability.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Directly oversee the training and adherence to property service standards of all Cocktails and Lounge staff.
- Coach and train management team on policies and procedures as well as in the performance of their job duties.
- Monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards.
- Responsible for all new hire on boarding - training for management and line employees.
- Oversee the development, interpretation and implementation of policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and practices are consistent with the Company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Issue employee disciplines and/or commendations in accordance with departmental standards and complying with the Union contract.
- Oversee Human Resources responsibilities for the Cocktails and Lounges staff, including recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, discipline and separation.
- Review the results achieved by management on policies and practices to ensure that they are consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Coordinate monthly Forbes trainings and schedules service staff on a rotation to ensure consistency.
- Work with the Food and Beverage Training Manager to create training programs and ensure existing training materials are up-to-date and utilized effectively.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in casino beverage and/or cocktail services management.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- At least 3 years of wine and beverage service experience.
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.