Front Desk Agent - Glacier Bay Lodge
Location: Gustavus, AK
About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
Inbound Reservations Sales Agents assist our valued guests with booking new lodging, tour and activity reservations. They also handle general customer inquiries and provide extraordinary, world-class service. Successful agents excel at building rapport, are knowledgeable about our destinations, and generate excitement for visiting our breath-taking properties.
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations according to established policies and procedures
- Utilize approved telephone etiquette and Quality Assurance procedures while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Maintain product knowledge through the effective use of SMS HOST, documented reference materials, ARAMARK Leisure websites, and ARAMARK Leisure intranet site.
- Quote accurate rates and inventory availability.
- Suggest alternatives to guests when inventory or rate related events inhibit a guest from making a buying decision.
- Utilize up-selling techniques whenever possible to achieve the highest average rate possible.
- Meet or exceed established monthly and annual sales targets
- Create, maintain, and keep accurate customer records within the client data system
- Communicate professionally at all times to current and prospective guests and clients
- Communicate regularly and work cohesively with direct Supervisor and CRES leadership team to ensure the highest level of sales conversion, customer service and effectiveness exists.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- The ability to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns
- Possess a persuasive, "selling" (rather than "telling") communication style
- Socially focused and possesses a "how can I help you?" demeanor
- Are passionate about delivering quality service and making a difference in the guest experience
- Professional and polished demeanor with a positive, upbeat, and friendly personality
- Friendly and genuinely interested in the business, agenda, and needs of others, including the company, its management, the team, the company's customers, or all of the above.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Have excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Possess above average communication skills
- Excellent attendance and reliable
- Can learn quickly and adapt to change in a fast-paced, high performance driven culture
- Possess strong computer skills; Microsoft Outlook and internet browser proficient
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Must be flexible to work any shift assigned between 7am – 7pm, 7 days per week, including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Previous hospitality or call center environment is preferred.
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute or more
- Computer (excel, word), ten-key adding machine, fax machine, copy machine
- Little or No Travel (>10%)
- SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)
- BENDING OCCASIONAL
- KEYING FREQUENT
- HEARING CONSTANT
- REACHING OCCASIONAL
- SEEING CONSTANT
- SPEAKING CONSTANT
- STANDING OCCASIONAL
- WALKING OCCASIONAL
- LIFTING OCCASIONAL
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran