PT Teacher Early Childhood
Location: Passaic, NJ
Catapult Learning is looking for part time dedicated teachers and teacher assistants for Dr. Martin Luther King School #6, 85 Hamilton Ave., Vincent Capuana School #15, 374 Broadway and Vincent Capuana School #15ANNEX, 19 Speer Ave. We are looking for experienced staff who love working with preschool aged children!
Catapult Learning offers before care, 7:30am - 8:25am, and after care, 2:50pm - 5:30pm, services to preschool children enrolled in the above selected Passaic Public Schools.
As a teacher or teacher assistant in the Early Childhood Program, you are required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities to the best of your ability, at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain customer focus by relating positively to children and demonstrating professional relationships with parents, children, co-workers, and school staff.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner which may include updating display areas,
rearranging learning materials, maintaining appearance of classroom, organizing supplies
- Attend school functions, staff meetings, workshops, and in-services as required
- Supervise children at all times including playground area, must be able to shift priorities and multi-task as necessary.
- Recognize and take advantage of “teachable moments”
- Must be able to analyze and suggest solutions to work situations and problems, and follow up by communicating affectively to manager.
- Meet and greet parents, children and visitors on arrival and departure.
- Maintain confidentiality of co-workers, children, and families
- Maintain records such as student attendance, incident and accident reports, developmental check lists, anecdotal records, sign in sheets, daily schedules and portfolios.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing lesson plans with purposeful objectives, using the Company curriculum components such as shared reading, literacy development, math readiness, motor movements, art, music, computers, and circle time.
- Responsible for maintaining state core curriculum standards for Pre-K.
- Develop and follow a daily schedule as well as establish routines with smooth transition periods.
- Ensure that classroom is safe, clean, and complies with all state licensing regulations.
- Comply with all licensing standards and policies including filling out paperwork and completing or attending mandatory trainings online and in person.
- Supervise,guide and facilitate professional growth of assistants
- Supervise guide, assist, and facilitate all classroom responsibilities including the learning environment in the classroom, program and lesson plan implementation, classroom management, parent communication and involvement, and job performance of the assistant teacher in the classroom.
Requires an associates or bachelor’s degree, CDA and/or valid teaching certificate, as required by contract. Teaching experience preferred. Excellent writing skills.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Responsible for updating employee file with continuing education information on a yearly basis.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.