Supply Chain Planner, Senior
Location: Nashua, NH
Job Description Develops, implements, and executes long-term supply chain strategies and networks that address capacity issues, production location decisions, etc. in support of business growth. Supports business execution of programs of varying complexity and type (Development, Production, Sustainment). Monitors key performance indicators, analyzes performance data, and coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness of supply chain initiatives.
Key job knowledge, responsibilities, and duties include, but are not limited to:
Typical Education & Experience
- Understanding basic supply chain process flow and Life Cycle Management from RFP to shipment to customer.
- Evaluating part obsolescence issues and troubleshooting purchase order discrepancies and misalignments to MRP schedule.
- Facilitating and troubleshooting the logistics and flow of material through the supply chain from ordering to receiving to WIP to shipment.
- Supporting internal customer audits.
- Establishing effective strategies to manage customer-owned inventory.
- Giving presentations to co-workers and internal customers and facilitating meetings with the ability to accurately report status verbally and through electronic media/written communication.
- Help develop and effectively execute team goals.
- Presenting program issues and resolution plans in production meetings.
- Analyzing MRP system data to assess performance and troubleshoot areas of schedule risk.
- Root cause analysis and resolution of recurring negative inventory impacts.
- Understanding the forecast planning process and its effects on supplier managed inventory (SMI) and capacity planning (RCCP).
- Drives WIP to completion and contributes to Return-To-Green planning and execution.
- Working with procurement and understanding the processes and challenges of the procurement team.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
Proficiency in knowledge and practice of ERP tools and transactions (Oracle ERP and Oracle ASCP preferred).
Intermediate to advanced knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Preferred Skills and Education
APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP), or initiated APICS certification process.About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression