Location: Boston, MA
This exciting position will contribute to the best-in-class research output that differentiates JLL, and will contribute to the growth and competitive advantage of JLL in the marketplace. This team member will enhance our offerings in the areas of business intelligence, data visualization, and graphical output.
The analyst will have primary responsibility for analyzing data, creating client-facing content and presenting it in a compelling way. They will interpret client needs, find the information that addresses the needs, and present the information in the best format possible. They will assist in tracking and analyzing all aspects of the local commercial real estate market and will leverage that knowledge proactively for research products, client projects and business development efforts.
This position will have direct responsibility for the Boston market and will work closely with JLL leadership in the Boston office, as well as colleagues throughout the Americas research group. This is a great opportunity for an analytically-minded individual willing to learn multiple tools and technologies.
- Produce and compellingly present insights that will help our clients make the best real estate decisions.
- Create compelling visual communications, integrating JLL’s proprietary research data, for the purposes of business development, external distribution, and client requests
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external clients and facilitate the use of research as a differentiator including being personally client-facing and externally focused on new business efforts
- Produce interactive maps, websites, reports, and presentations that bring research content and real estate data to life
- Work with marketing teams and business leaders to position research to contribute to all business development efforts
- Maintain intimate and extensive knowledge of the macro and micro factors affecting the marketplace and proactively position research to leverage this knowledge for the business and for clients
- Expand and improve the research platform, program, output that demonstrates the firm’s market expertise
- Contribute to and manage the production of all local research reports and collateral
- Develop and share best practice standards for the region and the Americas Research Group
- Assist on projects from initial debrief to finished product with significant self-direction and limited oversight
- Respond to internal and external client requests for data and information
- Enjoy your work and be able to excel in a fast paced, self-directed environment
- Be an ambassador and spokesperson for JLL and JLL Americas’ research program in the Boston market
- Write, edit and organize production of local market research reports and contribute to national reports
- Present regularly to internal teams and clients and present compelling trend and analysis
- Analyze and report on the local and regional economy with respect to employment statistics, major company activity, industry trends and demographics that affect the local real estate market
Experience and qualifications:
- One to three years of professional experience in business, consulting, commercial real estate or related field preferred
- Intellectual curiosity
- A genuine interest in commercial real estate and the growth of your career in the sector
- Comfort with analysis and visualization tools (such as Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Power View) and basic graphic design, presentation, and mapping skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients and to positively represent the firm
- Exposure to basic research methodology, statistics and analytical writing preferred
- Basic understanding of real estate markets and dedication to learning local markets and business
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and ability to process and analyze data
- Experience managing workload, ability to multi-task, succeed under pressure and effectively manage time
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, economics, marketing, communications, or another related field
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]