Arabic Bi-Lingual Insurance Clerk
Location: Columbus, OH
Arabic Bi-Lingual Insurance Clerk Job Summary - located in COLUMBUS, OH
Salary Range: $30,467 - $35,037 - $39,607
Provides basic administrative support duties for a business unit, department, or office. Follows standard procedures related to filing, documenting, recordkeeping and correspondence. Utilizes normal office practices, software, machinery, procedures, and documentation. Strongly prefer Bi-Lingual candidates who speak and can translate Arabic dialects.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. As directed, performs basic clerical duties such as filing, copying, answering phones and distributing mail.
2. Utilizes personal computer, basic software and standard office machinery (fax machine, printers, scanners, etc.) to create and duplicate correspondence and documentation.
3. Enters data both electronically and by hand, verifies accuracy, maintains records, and distributes reports and documents.
4. Orders supplies, materials and equipment. Packages and schedules pick-up of outgoing mail and tracks deliveries.
5. As directed, coordinates meetings including arranging for needed materials/equipment, tracking attendance, and documenting notes/minutes.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in business English, spelling and punctuation, math, reading and communications.
2. Demonstrated understanding of general business flows, procedures, and systems.
3. High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.) or commensurate work experience.
4. Basic knowledge of office and computer equipment and software packages, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Cognos; Adobe Acrobat; and so on.
5. Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, scanner, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to read standard typed documents.
• Ability to physically and accurately file.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.