Data Entry Clerk
Location: Miami Beach, FL
DATA ENTRY ANALYST
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our Purchasing team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency.
Must have ability to solve complex problems requiring the use of basic mathematical principles. Strong human relations skills to develop positive service oriented relationship between all hospital departments. Ability to operate a personal computer is essential. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Requires communication skills to effectively deal with conflicting issues and mediate fair solutions.
- Researches issues thoroughly and recommends actions using information identified through data analysis. Anticipates any upcoming situations / issues and proposes an action plan to address it.
- Prepares special reports as required or upon request, summarizing data from various sources.
- Establishes processes within the functional area to manage daily priorities and meet the needs of the department.
- Assists with maintenance and updates of data in the main Supply Chain system item file and assists users in maintaining their inventory files.
- Assists with maintenance and updates of the Supply Chain system vendor file and associated EDISPEC file. Sets up Supply Chain vendors for EDI transactions, including purchase orders, order confirmations and sales catalogs.
- Updates and ensures the data fields in the item file for inventory and non-inventory items are accurate and properly completed to support the purchasing and inventory process.
- Updates and revises surgical services preference list to reflect changes in vendors, par levels and cost, as changes are required.
- Researches and collects data form vendor catalogs and hospital departments as needed to support Supply Chain Services needs.
- Complies data reports for supply utilization and validates contractual changes and new item data is accurate.
- Compares preference list data against the computerized item file for accuracy on a daily basis.
- Reviews and reports preference list discrepancies and required adjustments to the Supply Chain supervisor/manager.
- Utilizes Supply Chain Services system to assist with the validation of cost-savings initiatives and their expected impact on the general ledger.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy when processing data into the Supply Chain Services inventory system.
- Provides information to departments regarding item inventory/delivery status of critical items.
- College Degree preferred
- Must be fluent in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in hospital materials management or related healthcare field.
- Experience implementing and maintaining materials management software.
- An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary and savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!