Outside Vehicle Check-In Clerk I
Location: Bordentown, NJ
Perform initial administrative processing of vehicles being entered to the auction sale.
- Perform computer system data entry or voice relay data via headset of identification information on incoming vehicles via portable terminal
- Ensure that all proper identification stickers and labels are affixed to vehicle at entry point and take digital image of vehicle
- Direct vehicle transporters to appropriate car drop zone
- Report any transport damage to vehicle
- Follow all job related safety and health procedures
- Perform other work related duties as directed by supervisor
Change & Innovation
- Frequently considers what is the best way to do things and looks for ways to streamline and/or improve work processes
- Draws from a variety of sources and experiences to identify alternative solutions
- Adapts in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty
- Embraces changes affecting one’s area
- Focuses on customer needs and preferences in delivering work product
- Delivers impactful, timely solutions that are meaningful to the customer
- Follows up with customers to ensure problems are solved
- Shares information and explains procedures in a way that is easy for others to understand
- Adapts personal style and approach to quickly establish rapport; maintains professional demeanor in all customer situations
- Demonstrates “we versus me” thinking
- Willingly provides assistance and support to others
- Works cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Addresses and resolves conflict directly and constructively
- Builds a relationship network within and across departments
- Plans appropriately for daily work and projects
- Delivers consistently strong performance that co-workers can rely upon
- Ensures manager and others are advised of problems or obstacles in sufficient time for action to be taken
- Recognizes when to escalate a problem to the next level and when to handle it individually
- Negotiates/re-negotiates priorities and competing demands for one’s time Maintains a proper pace
- Provides clear and thorough information to others (e.g., verbal, written, email, presentations, meetings)
- Listens actively and carefully to others’ opinions and ideas
- Shares viewpoints openly and directly with others
- Shares timely information with relevant parties
Develops Self and Others
- Seeks opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Shares own experience and expertise with others
- Accepts feedback openly, without becoming defensive
- Learns from experiences, including successes, setbacks, and/or resistance
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of previous Auction and/or vehicle registration experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.