Head Teller / Head Cashier
Location: Lowell, MA
DEPARTMENT: Cash Vault Services STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO (POSITION): Branch Manager
Responsible for assisting the Branch Manager in the secure, timely and accurate processing of customer deposits brought to Cash Vault Services via armored car by counting currency, separating or segregating currency, packaging/unpacking currency, sealing/unsealing bags and maintaining inventory counts and levels. All tasks are designed to protect the property of our employees and customers.
The essential functions of this position are:
1. Process deposits in accordance with specified customer requirements while under constant camera coverage.
2. Maintain satisfactory job performance defined by the Dunbar Cash Vault Procedures & Responsibilities for tellers.
3. Assist in providing or provide training for all newly hired employees and re-train existing employees as needed.
4. When needed, re-verify customer deposit differences, including clearing the deposit template & re-verifying the entire deposit in question.
5. Insure all paperwork (teller proof work, inbound & outbound vault activity and customer reports) are completed, transmitted, balanced and properly stored daily by close of business.
6. May assist in controlling access to the facility via use of entry buttons and video.
7. Check in routes when necessary abiding by armored guidelines.
8. Assist in preparation of any Federal Reserve Bank Shipments.
9. Perform necessary cleaning and maintenance of the processing equipment.
10. Be flexible in work schedule to coincide with the fluctuating daily/weekly work flow.
11. Other duties as required.
The minimum Knowledge, Education, Experience, Skills, and/or Abilities required to perform this job are, including any physical requirements:
1. High school degree/equivalency.
2. Must be able to perform all duties of the teller position.
3. Must be able to stand for long periods of time performing repetitive tasks.
4. Physically capable of maneuvering 40-50 pounds.
5. Must be detailed and accurate and possess an awareness for security.
6. Ability to obtain a gun permit, where necessary. (A criminal conviction may prevent issuance of a gun permit.)
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.