Office 365 Project manager
Location: Lansing, MI
Primarily responsible for serving on a team of professionals dedicated to leading and managing significant, strategic, corporate projects for the Enterprise. Provides project management expertise, methodology, and coordination to more effectively identify, plan and implement business and information technology projects. Accountable for leading project teams and managing all aspects of project implementations including selection, planning, management, control, closeout, and the success of project implementation. Exercises broad discretion and judgment in ensuring successful implementation of corporate products and services. Responsible for medium to large projects.
- Directly manages the core corporate projects that lead to the implementation of the corporate strategy. This includes managing people, budgets, and resources, planning, problem solving, risk and issue management, communications, reporting, vendor management, implementation, and project closeout.
- Responsible for helping develop project or program cost benefit analysis.
- Collaborates with Finance and Actuarial Services to build a Benefit Realization plan.
- Manages the project through team collaboration and weekly core team meetings.
- Publishes weekly status reports and updates the project dashboard on a periodic basis.
- Presents the project updates as necessary to the executive team.
- Prepares communication strategies that are clear, concise, and timely.
- Responsible for leading and ensuring the successful completion of projects.
- Participates in the maturity of PMO and its continuous improvement.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism.
- Leads medium to large projects.
- Performs reviews by individually assessing the health of a project. Reviews findings so that the most important problem areas, as well as most noteworthy areas of strength, are clearly identified.
- Turns medium to large troubled projects around.
- Supports PMO continuous improvement efforts.
- Learns agile project management methodology and adopts risk-based approach to implement.
- Helps with the administration of the Enterprise PPM solution.
- Supports portfolio management and the intake and governance process.
- Mentors teams with resource allocation, project prioritization, plan development and analysis, risk, scope and budget management.
- Works directly with executive sponsors, corporate leaders, and project teams to ensure successful project completions.
- Maintains relevant procedures and directions. This includes, but is not limited to handbooks, manuals, tools, and templates.
- Actively contributes to the management of the corporate portfolio of projects.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Works with some supervision and mentoring.
- Maintains confidentiality.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Bachelor's degree in insurance, information technology, business administration, or related field required. Certification or progress towards Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is highly preferred and encouraged. Combinations of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by AF Group's learning philosophy, is required.
Seven years project management experience required which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Three years relevant experience in an information technology or strategic planning environment preferred. Experience within the insurance industry highly preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Extensive knowledge of project management principles and practices, including leading, planning and coordination, with the ability to complete large projects involving multiple resources.
- Excellent oral and written communications, as well as presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in the planning, execution and closing of projects.
- Ability to appropriately manage resources, budgets, issues, and risks for the successful completion of projects.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, software and Internet fundamentals.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to successfully function in a team environment.
- Ability to understand business needs and conceptualize and implement information systems that support those business strategies.
- Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely, and present ideas, reports facts and other information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain customer satisfaction without compromising priorities.
- Ability to interact with others to build consensus and get decisions implemented.
- Ability to establish workflows, manages multiple projects, and meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Track record of delivering multiple products from Office 365 suite including Office Pro Plus, Skype for Business, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Office Video, etc.
- Experience in migration of on-premise Exchange to Exchange Online in Microsoft Office 365 Cloud.
- Experience delivering key foundational elements of the Office 365 program focusing on identity, network, security and compliance components.
- Experience in championing Digital Workplace change management efforts.
- Experience in working with Agile methodology.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel is required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.