Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Location: Gilbert, AZ
The purpose of this position is to provide services to students who are eligible for occupational therapy intervention in accordance
with their IEP/ISP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Occupational Therapy intervention for students utilizing exercises and equipment to facilitate fine motor coordination based on the goals and objectives included in the student’s IEP/ISP.
- Monitor student progress.
- Test and evaluate students (if requested) to determine their need, or continuing need, for occupational therapy.
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding occupational therapy plans for each student to assure that intervention is targeted to address the student’s educational needs, and incorporated into the classroom as appropriate and possible.
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis to assure that they are informed with regard to student progress, and that interventions are incorporated into home activities as appropriate and possible.
- Creates solutions to challenges for individual students, which are based in research and sound professional judgment.
- Make referrals to community resources as needed.
- Complete required paperwork in a timely and well-organized manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in occupational therapy, as required by state and contract.
Valid State Certification as specified in the contract.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to work independently. Must be motivated and well-organized. Demonstrate good communication skills with adults and students.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.