Human Resources Assistant
Location: New Orleans, LA
Name: Dawn DuRapau
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT NEEDED FOR DOWNTOWN NEW ORLEANS LOCATION
- Paid Parking
- Full Benefits Offered
We need a Human Resources Assistant who will be responsible for the onboarding of onsite employees. The HR Assistant will need to ensure that UP is compliant with client specific pre-employment requirements.
Processing Onsite New Hires:
- Generate and send out offer letters and new hire paperwork
- Coordinate pre-employment drug testing: Urine, Breath Alcohol, Hair
- Coordinate background checks when required by the client
- Coordinate safety training
- Process I-9’s via I-9 Advantage
- Send out UP New Hire Safety Orientation to all new hires and all rehires that have been termed for more than 1 year
- Track all paperwork to verify completion and create employee personnel files
Data Entry and Data Tracking:
- HRIS Data Entry: Background check, Drug screen, Safety training, Assist new hires with completing the onboarding tasks in the ADP portal, Enter employee emergency contacts in ADP portal, Track all new hire paperwork and follow up with employees that are still missing information, Utilize benefits tracker to make sure employees are accepting or declining benefits in ADP.
- Monthly HRB/Portal audit of policies and handbooks
- Update UP Dashboard daily
- Perform LACC random drug screens, background checks and safety training renewals
- Ensure ongoing compliance with HR related contract requirements, i.e., drug testing, background checks
- Set up drug testing and background checks for new contracts with UP vendors: Set up testing facilities in new locations, Set up new background packages
The ideal Human Resources Assistant will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of relevant experience and/or training in Human Resources or Customer Service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Excellent attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work collectively with a team.
- The ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.