Cash Applications Associate
Location: Lexington, KY
Name: Erica Johnson
Job Title: Cash Applications Associate
Job Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Immediate Supervisor Title: Cash Applications and Processing Supervisor
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: None
General Summary: A non-exempt, clerical position responsible for application and balancing of payments into a patient management system.
1. Timely and accurately post various types of payments and contractual adjustments.
2. Post electronic remittances
3. Post insurance denials and zero dollar remittances.
4. Refund and general account processing.
5. Management may assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time, whether due to reasonable accommodation or for other reasons of business necessity or job improvement.
Education Requirement: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience Requirement: Minimum of 1 year experience with handling payments; experience working with insurance remittance in a healthcare setting is preferred.
System Responsibilities: In order to perform required job functions, this role is responsible for maintaining the following skill levels:
Advanced skill levels in the following systems:
1. Soarian Financials
Proficient skill levels in the following systems:
1. Document Imaging
2. Various payer websites
3. Organizational SharePoint
4. Microsoft Excel
Other Requirements: Knowledge and understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payers’ remittances.
Job Specific Competencies:
1. Detail Orientation - Meticulously keeping track of details without becoming overwhelmed by them; being exacting, precise, and accurate; spotting minor imperfections or errors and taking action to correct them
2. Focus - Concentrating on work without becoming bored or distracted; maintaining attention for long periods of time or when it is difficult to do so; maintaining efficiency when interrupted or switching between tasks
3. Independence - Pursuing work with little supervision or assistance; directing one's own efforts
4. Memory - Accurately recalling previously learned material; using mnemonics and other techniques to memorize important information
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Skill in using insurance company websites
2. Ability to work in fast-paced environment with high volume transactions, structured setting, and strict deadline
Performance Requirements/Key Metrics:
1. Handle pre-determined amount of remittance transactions.