Automotive Service Cashier
Location: Paramus, NJ
Name: Apply Via CareerBuilder
Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus in Paramus, NJ is HIRING!!
Guaranteed better pay plan!
The cashier receives and disburses money within the dealership, and usually works in the service department. The position involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers or related equipment. The cashier processes credit or debit card transactions and validates checks.
Job duties for a cashier include:
- Greeting customers at the cashier window, answering customers' questions and providing information on procedures or policies.
- Computing and recording transaction totals.
- Counting money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change, as well as reconciling the cash drawer at the end of the shift.
- Establishing or identifying prices of parts or service and tabulating bills using calculators, cash registers, or computers.
- Issuing receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Compiling and maintaining non-monetary reports and records.
- Cashiers need experience operating a cash register.
- Cashiers need to be responsible and organized, and have good communication skills.